Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Those cords ...

Lwanga Charles , the former Manyata 3 team leader and my mdosi at Kisumu Boys French club started it all. He co-ordinated, emailed, called and made us get in touch, but i strongly feel that those cords for which we prayed in that melodious song many years back are mostly to blame or praise. Those cords made us who we are. We laughed, we joked, quarreled, played and prayed together got married and got children. The Lord has been great to all of us.

I would like to invite you to send me your email addresses so that i can add you as authors of this blog. that will make everyone of us be able to post on this blog

...and may the spirit of God in the clear running water blow till we be!



Jeremiah Ochieng

6 comments:

steve owiti said...

It was nice meeting Jere,Emmanuel,Silvery and Opondo Martin.There was the real reunion of real Brothers.I strongly believe that God has his ways of doing things,The Fish group has servived many storms and it is now the REVIVAL TIME and let's do the needful.Have a blessed time as Rebound Again.

steve owiti said...

The best Gift that Fr. Tony Chantry and Sr. Mary Ellen ever left in Kisumu City was the family of The FISH.

As Steve Ogongo puts it,our potential and might is yet to be seen.Martin and I were walking the streets of Tom Mboya in Nairobi,a young man came to us smiling broadly and yet we could not recognize him.A Magadi Fish member he was and it was another nostalgic reunion.How do you feel when you meet an old Fish member ? May be Ogongo and Fr.Gordon Osina can say it better.

Martin Opondo said...

The FLTP Training started off this morning. I officiated the First session after a kively mass by Fr. Oguok of Alundu Parish now residing in Buoye.present were 28 youths from Kibuye (2), Chiga (3), Alendu (2), Nyanasaria (2), Riwo (2), Millimani (4) Nanga (4) and Chepkoilel (3). I welcomed them and informed them that they are here to join in the "Fish Challenge". The journey to be responsible adult. get tuned for more information.

odegle said...

Wow greet all of them for me. I am happy to hear of those from Chepkoilel. salimiana sana!

Fr. Gordon said...

Fish from Chepkoilel??? Where is that (hey Martin) and how did Fish reach there and how are they living the experience??? I once dreamt of taking the Fish to Lwak Parish in Asembo(my home parish) but my religious formation after secondary school did not play a good atmosphere to help me expand our group (since I was hardly at home) though it was in my heart and that's why it excites me to hear of names like Chepkoilel...

Blessings and good finish of the leaders training. Fr. Gordon, imc.

odegle said...

Fish was taken to Chepkoilel by Emmanuel Okwach. Chepkoilel is on your way to Moi's Bridge from Eldoret Town. I was also in that Fish Group. Other people who made it prosper in our time were James Kinyanjui, Mary Mutisya, Willis Ondiek, Michael Ochieng, Jacinta Nzioka and others