Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy 25th Birthday Kisumu Fish Group

Dear Fish

I am hubmled and proud to be a fish member. The acivities that Guys like Charles Lwanga, Brenda Ann Amimo, Cosmas Kinda, Chris Akun and everyone else including my two "little" brothers have been doing is enomous. The way you have lead the group make me proud. I wish everyone of you a happy time during this Holy period of the year.

It is a pity i cannot be there but I wish you a fantastic time during the Silver Jubilee Celebration on Monday . From what has been going on we have prooved that we can be self reliant and am humbled by the way people have been sending in their contibutions to ensure that the day is a success. Let us keep up this spirit and let me take this opportunity to thank you for the help that you have accorded our colleagues who have had tragedies over the course of last year and this year.

I still remember fondly my time in the Fish group I know that so many years have passed but it all just like yeasterday. I miss the fish group meetings and the Fish Action where we used to go into the community and help the less fortunate. During Easter time especially on Good Friday we would acompany the Magadi Christian Community (Duol) in matching along the street of Manyatta to visit the sick and the poor praying with them and offering them food stuffs. Thanks you guys for keeping the spirit of the Fish alive.

Could I kindly ask you guys to keep our Members who have departed this life in you prayers during the celebration. So many of the Fish members have passed on from this life please let us keep them in our prayers. I know I cannot remember everyone by name but the few I can remember are Peter Owino (Nyalenda and Fish Team), Vincent Otieno and Luke Odhiambo of Nyalenda Bungu, Francis Otieno, Tom Okumu, Johanes Midha, Pius Obiero, Nelson Otieno, James Adodi (Wendo), Amos Okal, and Johanes Adhola all of Magadi, Vincent Otieno and Yaga Of Kunya and all those whom I cannot remember by names.

Have a wonderful time and keep up the spirit.

HAPPY 25TH BIRTHDAY KISUMU FISH GROUP. CONTINUE THE GOOD WORK AND LET THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD SHINE IN WHATEVER YOU DO. IT IS MY PRAYER THAT THE LORD WILL GIVE US MANY MORE YEAR TO COME.

Fond Memories

James Okal

No comments: